CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, December 15, 2008

Waaahhh!

I'm a nervous wreck! My computer broke this weekend and I don't know if I can recover my data! Ahhhh!!!

Last friday I was printing pages about baby stuff for my baby book. So, I unplugged my laptop and took it over to where the printer is and started printing. About an hour later I looked and saw my computer had turned off...no big deal right? Noooope! Usually when it shuts off like that it hibernates and I just plug it back in. Apparently it didn't have enough battery power in the hibernate mode, so the "pin" smashed down on the hard drive and broke it. :( :( :( Waahhhh!!! Matthew is going to try and recover my pictures and documents later this week. It couldn't have come at a worse time for us. I had just bought a 16gb jump drive to put everything on, but I was waiting to open it at Christmas. And, this week is Matthew's finals week, and he has to take the ASVAB test on wednesday. And, this is the first I have to go back to work in months. My job is the whole reason we bought the laptop in the first place. :( Can we say cruel irony?

Thankfully we still have Matthew's computer. I'm so blessed to be married to someone who knows so much about computers. First of all he built it himself...(!!!???!!!) And second, whenever something goes wrong he takes the whole thing apart and fixes it! Genius I tell you. And sweet, he spent over 3 hours last night trying to fix my computer for me.

Well the moral of the story here kids is DON'T UNPLUG YOUR LAPTOP! Even if you're running it on the battery for a little while. The battery gets bad after awhile and you have to buy a new one. But if it's always plugged in you don't have to worry about it.
But more importantly...don't unplug it because it could crash and not let you back in! :(

1 comments:

Michelle C said...

Sarah that is HORRIBLE!! I'm so sorry that happened!! I hope Matthew can retrieve everything for you!!